Live in the City, Work in a Friendly Community Hospital!
- Up to $10,000 relocation bonus to move to Vancouver.
- Please be advised that the Delta Emergency Physicians Association is hiring 2.5 FTE emergency physicians to work in Metro Vancouver’s Delta Hospital. Applications will be considered for both permanent and parental leave locum positions starting in October 2021, December 2021, May 2022, and July 2022. Casual locum opportunities are also available.
- The Delta Hospital ED is located in the community of Ladner in South Delta, a 23 minute drive from downtown Vancouver or 50 minutes by SkyTrain/bus with almost all of our current physicians commuting from the City of Vancouver at shift times designed to avoid traffic congestion and to allow physicians to drive counter to the main traffic flow.
- The Delta Hospital ED currently offers over 45 hours of emergency physician coverage through six shifts per day. Laboratory, x-ray, ultrasound, and CT are available 24 hours and on call services include hospitalists, internal medicine, general surgery, and orthopedic surgery. Our friendly on call consultants handle all admissions. The Emergency Department is a modern facility with one resuscitation/trauma bay, ten monitored acute care beds, seven fast-track bays and a twelve-bed observation unit. Advanced airway tools and bedside ultrasounds are available.
- Pay is determined by the provincial alternate payment plan agreement. Our full-time physicians, assuming no vacations, will be working slightly in excess of 1.0 FTE and would expect an annual pre-tax income of $374,180 plus standard negotiated benefits. No billing, coding, or “shadow billing” is required. The Delta ED is an active teaching site regularly hosting both medical students and residents. Research support is available through Fraser Health and UBC.
- The Delta ED has the highest patient satisfaction ratings of any ED in the region and consistently tops regional quality of care measures.
- All physicians in the Delta ED must possess either a CCFP(EM), FRCP(C), or DABEM. Current CCFP (EM) residents are encouraged to apply with possible start times including after completion of training or after the CCFP(EM) examination. Up to $10,000 for moving expenses, receipts required.
If you are interested in applying for a position please submit:
- a curriculum vitae, and,
- the names and contact information of three professional references;
- Dr. Jacky Sia FRCP(C) Chief of Emergency Medicine at email@example.com
- Dr. Daniel Rubin DABEM DEPA President at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Facility: Delta Hospital
Delta Hospital is a 64-bed community hospital offering medical, surgical daycare, outpatient chronic disease management clinics, extended care unit, palliative care as well as 24/7 emergency services with 35,816 visits annually.